10 Horrific Fights Between Parents at Youth Sporting Events and Why They Are Way Too Common
When you become a parent, you have to set the right example for your kids. You want them to grow up with a positive attitude and with a respect for all those around them. But that isn’t always the case. Sometimes, a parent can lose their cool at the most inopportune time. One of those instances is at their child’s sporting event. Unfortunately, this type of behavior is becoming more and more common and has led to some arrests and expulsions from league play.
With cell phone and video cameras catching many of these fights, anyone can see the brawls unfold. Many of the fights have been uploaded to social and video sites, but be warned, some of the language and violence aren’t appropriate for viewing around children.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIvC8HM5YI) A Saturday at the football field never had such ramifications. A fight breaks out among parents at a Pee-Wee football game and has to be contained by the fellow parents.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPMejfE_vE8&feature=related) It feels that many of these fights are taking place at football games. In this case, the parental brawl begins in the stands before it ends with the cancelation of the game.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkdGfqFMv0w&feature=related) It is the job of the coach to set the right example, but in this instance, that wasn’t the case. The coaches for the two squads duked it out, and the impact on the kids can be seen in the interview.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc1EzNdacM8&feature=related) This is another video where the language is rough. A coach goes after a referee and has to be restrained by his fellow coaches.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWGd94Wie4&feature=related) In what might be the most unusual video of this topic, a brawl erupts in the stands of a Canadian football game between parents and players. It gets out of hand, but that is not an excuse for the two parties to be fighting.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dracsyIT1Tg) We switch to the hardwood as parents brawl on the basketball court. It gets really out of hand when the parents go after security when they try to break up the melee. Security eventually pins down those involved.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wqyt5uxDww) The video starts out innocent enough, as a foul occurs on the court of play. As an injured player attempts to recover and walks off the court of play, a fight breaks out behind the benches.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3Q0Fs8XOk) When a parent doesn’t agree with a coach, fighting is probably the absolute last answer to the problem, especially at a youth football game. The dads roll around for a bit before being separated by level headed parents.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWPS4OsYWA&feature=related) There is nothing right about parents brawling at youth sporting events, but there is something more wrong about a parent sucker punching other people while they try to protect the kids. Stay classy, Joe.
- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO6YTANzZQs&feature=related) Our final video ends with pandemonium. A fight breaks out in the court among the players, and then moves into the stands. The police had to be called in as parents and students of the schools erupted from the spectator seats.